When you get off from work and you’re expected to attend a dinner party but you don’t have shit in your fridge because the kids are away this week... grab these few ingredients from the market, use that leftover pesto in the fridge, and impress everyone with this simple yet beautiful salad. Because nobody wants you to show up with a pre-made pasta salad from Costco.
Time: 20 mins, Servings: 6
- 4 ounces grilled halloumi slices cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 peaches, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Sweet Pesto Dressing (to taste), recipe below
- Preheat grill or stove-top grill or medium heat with a sautée pan.
- Brush olive oil on the grill then place peaches and cheese on the grill.
- Grill for 3 minutes per side until grill marks appear and peaches start to soften.
- Flip and grill on the other side.
- Place spinach in a bowl, top with grilled peaches and grilled halloumi slices.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and drizzle dressing over top of the salad
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Pesto Dressing
Time: 5 mins, Servings: 1
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup pecorino cheese (freshly grated) or vegan parmesan
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Or start with a store-bought fresh pesto.
- Add ½ cup of the oil and the maple syrup and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.