Whether you're tired of the ol' turkey and cheese or you're packing a picnic for yourself and a vegetarian friend, this sandwich recipe is sure to inspire, especially on your busiest days. You'll have them wondering "how does she do it all?" while you drink wine out of a sippy cup.
Time: 15 mins, Servings: 6
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Pulled Pork or Trader Joe’s Jackfruit in Brine
- 1 bag of brioche or gluten free buns
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s BBQ sauce (I prefer no sauce but the kids LOVE it)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fabanaise
- 1 bag of shredded purple and white cabbage with carrots
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green apple
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Pulled Jackfruit (or pork): Drain jackfruit (or pork) and pat dry.
- Partially shred jackfruit (or pork) chunks into smaller pieces.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add jackfruit (or pork) and sauté for five minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce and water to pan and stir to evenly coat jackfruit (or pork). Cover pan and simmer on medium-low heat, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally and pulling jackfruit (or pork) apart as it becomes tender.
- Slaw: While jackfruit (or pork) cooks, in a large bowl, toss cabbage blend, onions, and apples with fabanaise and apple cider vinegar to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Prepare Sandwiches: Place a scoop of pulled jackfruit (or pork) on the bottom of a bun. Top with diced onions, coleslaw, and bun top. Eat and repeat until satisfied!