Brunch with my girlfriends is extremely sacred these days. As we reminisce on rooftop pool parties, single life, tour life, babies, and divorce, it’s a reminder that life is moving quickly but the thing that truly connected us in the beginning remains the same today... our love of FOOD. Gazpacho, like my friends is fun, spicy and sweet. It is the perfect whimsical first course for a day in the sun with your girls. Dress it up cute and laugh way too hard. You deserve it.
Recipe (adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt, microgreens and chives for garnish (optional)
- Blend honeydew, cucumber, onion, avocado, jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and black pepper in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings if desired and chill before serving.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, chopped chives and microgreens.