Sometimes you just want a cookie with a cold glass of milk to distract you from the fact that you're responding to emails at 11:37pm. And you know what? You deserve it. And this one builds muscles or something.
Time: 30 mins Servings: 24
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup protein powder (Purium products are my favorite)
- ½ cup peanuts (chopped)
- ½ cup semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together the peanut butter with the syrup. Add the egg, vanilla and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 inch balls of the dough and space a few inches apart from each other on a non-greased baking sheet. Gently press down the tops of each ball of dough. Bake for 8-9 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.