Like most children, mine are obsessed with bananas. I, however, do not share that same love. I like my bananas wrapped in a carb, but like most people I play around with the idea of being healthy, so I jumped on the paleo wagon and mastered the goodbye carbies banana bread. Your kids won't know the difference, but your hips will.
Time 1hr, Serves 8-10
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts or semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the maple syrup, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren't crumbly.)