I am having a love affair with pork these days. This crispy, crunchy salad satisfies all my needs. I don’t know if it’s the delicious smell of sin or the fact that it’s the Mr. Big of meats, but either way it’s so freaking tasty. Whatever it is I can’t get enough, but like most things, it’s all about balance. So with that in mind, I’ll continue down this road of debauchery. In moderation of course.
Time: 25 mins, Servings: 2
- 1 Trader Joe’s pre-made pork belly
- 1 teaspoon dry Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 packet of Trader Joe’s seedy almond salad topper
- ½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup green apple, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup steamed broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup arugula or pre-made colorful salad mix (whatever brand or kind you prefer)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a shallow dish, marinate pork belly with the first five ingredients and place to the side. Meanwhile prepare the salad and dressing.
- Add cabbage, apples, broccoli and salad mix to a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sesame oil all in a small bowl and mix with whisk.
- Take pork out of marinade and pat dry.
- Add pork to a medium pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook pork on both sides until crispy and golden brown.
- Slice cooked pork belly into 1 inch chunks.
- Mix salad mix and dressing.
- Serve hot pork atop dressed salad.